1. Structural analysis is a broad term, whereas structural design is a conceptual term.
2. Structural analysis is about calculations of various loads and stress, whereas design is about deciding the various dimensions of the structural members.
3. Structural analysis is calculating the various loads, stress, deflections using all the conditions given, whereas design is calculating the sectional properties and deciding the material by using the various external conditions given.
4. In structural analysis, we get a definite solution but in design, we do not get a definite solution.
1. In structural analysis we are given the properties like cross sectional dimensions,no of reinforcement,concrete strength and steel yied strength whereas in design we are given the properties like the design loads,moments .
2. In structural analysis all the parameters are provided which makes analysis easier whereas in design a lot of decisions are to be taken so design is harder.
3. Structural analysis is a broad term whereas design is a conceptual term.
4. In structural analysis there should be some specific solutions but in design there should be many possible solutions.
1. The process to determine the response or behavior of a structure under some specified loads or combinations of loads is known as structural analysis.
The process to find out the safe, durable and economical specifications of the structure including materials, technology, geometry, the size of structural members sufficient to carry loads of structure during the life period of the structure is known as structural design.
2. The geometry of Structural Analysis is assumed to find out reactions, whereas the geometry of Structural Design is assumed to find out reactions.
3. For Structural Analysis there should be some specific solutions and for Structural Design there could be many possible solutions.
4. For Structural Analysis, as all the parameters are provided, analysis is easier and for Structural Design as many choices are available and a lot of decisions need to be taken, design is harder.
1.Structural analysis is the process of calculating and determining the effects of loads and internal forces on a structure, building or object. Design is the methodical investigation of the stability, strength and rigidity of structures.
2. Structural analysis is a broad term whereas design is a conceptual term.
3.While structural analysis deals with the calculations and observations of load and stress, structural design decides the dimensions of the structural members by using those structural analysis findings.
4.in analysis there should be some specific solutions and for design there should be many possible solution.
1.Structural Analysis includes analysis of load and its effects on the structure like deflection, strain, stress, slope, etc, whereas design includes defining safe parameters to hold the loads over it.
2.Design is a done after analysis.
3. Design is based on economic and cost, whereas analysis is determing the mathematical parameters.
4.Design can be different for same analysis.
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Not a member yet? Register now
I accept the Terms of Service
Are you a member? Login now