2. Inspection of foundation
3. Earthquake proof construction.
4. Avoiding major alternations.
Prevent the buildings collapse take some steps . 1. Foundations check , 2. Build earthquake proof construction, 3. Awarness the construction area like soil , water level , environment , etc
1 Proper foundation
2 Proper planning
3 Proper designing
4 Proper alteration or gap between building
5 Earthquake proof building
To withstand collapse, buildings need to redistribute the forces that travel through them during a seismic event. Shear walls, cross braces, diaphragms, and moment-resisting frames are central to reinforcing a building. Shear walls are a useful building technology that helps to transfer earthquake forces
The principal structure of a building must have sufficient fire-resistance rating to prevent any deformation, destruction and collapse. The principal structure includes columns, beams, slabs, and walls that bear the structural load of a building.
Reducing failures of buildings and other structures requires compentent design clear communication of that design to the contractor by means of engineering drawings, etc. careful and competent construction and effective construction supervision.
Check the Foundation.
Build Earthquake-Proof Constructions.
Avoid Major Alterations.
Awareness of the construction area.
1. Perform soil test.
2. Use suitable foundation Design and Construction.
3. Hire competent building contraction.
4. Follow consultants specifications.
5. Comply with statutory building regulations.
The principal structure of a building must have sufficient fire resistance rating to prevent any deformation, destruction and collapse. The principal structure includes columns, beams, slabs, and walls that bear the structural load of a building.
Before construction of any structure we must need to check types of soil…if there are any black soil …so firstly must need to remove it….
Before constriction of any structure we must need to follow BUILDING BY RULE……
Before construction of any structure we must need to check soil type … If there are any black soil.. so firstly must need to remove it .
Day 1 Lecture have not uploaded till now.
2. Proper alteration or gap between building
3. Earthquake proof building
Difference between structural analysis and design are:
1) in structural analysis we find how member of a structure behave after applying load & in structural design we find out safe and economical specifications of a structure.
2) in structural analysis we have to find internal force, deflection,stress,strain etc…& In structural design we find cross sectional area,amount of reinforcement etc….
3) in structural design engineers design the model using their knowledge and experience & in structural analysis we analyse the load acting on structure and what would be the strength of structure to carrying the load .
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Not a member yet? Register now
I accept the Terms of Service
Are you a member? Login now